Effective the Spring 2013 season, the Burlingame Soccer Club (the Club) has revised its Uniform Policy. Uniform purchasing responsibility will no longer be with the Club, but will be the responsibility of teams/players. As a result, the Club will no longer be including uniform fees in the overall fees it charges, and will be deducting the cost of the uniform from its fees. Teams/players will now be responsible for purchasing their own uniforms. All uniforms will be the property of the members and will no longer be considered property of the Club. The Club is also gifting all previously purchased uniforms to those existing members.
This revision will allow players to better control when and how they obtain uniforms rather than on a cycle, which may or may not match the player’s growth path. The revised policy will also help us reduce the base player club fees, reduce the overall workload for the uniform coordinator and team managers, and responds to many of the issues that have been expressed by the membership regarding issues with the previous policy.
The following are the minimum Team Uniform Requirements for each player, as established by the Burlingame Soccer Club:
Starter Package (for all newly formed teams):
- Gold Hawthorne Jersey (1)
- Challenger Short (1)
- Logo Socks (2)
- Practice Tees (2)
- Grey Newport Performance Team Hoody (1)
Required Minimum Standard Items for Each Team
- Hawthorne Game Jersey – Gold/Royal
- Challenger Game Short – Royal/Gold
- Logo Socks – Gold/Royal
- Practice Tees – White for Boys/Royal for Girls
Team Optional Items
- Royal/Gold Hawthorn Game 2nd Jersey
- Magna Backpack – Royal/Gold
- Genoa Jacket – Royal/White
- Palermo Track Pants – Black
- Newport Hoody – Grey
- League Practice Shorts – Royal
- Club Practice Socks – Royal
The standard XARA Practice Tees will be required for all teams created after 2013. Boys will be fitted with white practice tees and Girls with the royal tees (this addresses concerns that the white was too transparent for the girls). All practice tees will have the club logo. Teams may place their team names or team logos in addition to the Club logo on the front of the jersey, but any additional logos may only be added with the written approval of the Uniform Coordinator. Additional logos must be applied by the Club Uniform Supplier and will incur additional costs.
Existing teams created before 2013 can also elect to comply with the new policy. We encourage all teams to begin to wear unified practice tees for all practices. If you are planning to implement for your team and/or are replacing existing practice tees, these need to comply with the new policy and use the approved XARA practice tees.
The FEES for the uniform starter packages will be included as part of the non-refundable acceptance deposits that were collected after tryouts for the new players.
Uniform Order Process
To ensure proper inventory from the vendor and timely receipt of uniforms from the suppliers, the majority of the team uniform orders will be processed and ordered at the beginning of each season through the BULK ORDERING period through the Club Uniform Coordinator.
Team orders that are processed outside the BULK ORDERING period may encounter inventory issues, delays in receiving the items from the vendors and delays in branding for delivery from the supplier. Additionally, the BULK ORDERS will take priority with both the vendors and suppliers for those teams.
BULK ORDERING Process
- The Team Coordinator will complete the standard order form and send it to the Club Coordinator.
- The Club Coordinator will communicate the order to Kickers Plus.
- Kickers Plus will procure uniforms, brand the club name and numbers on the jerseys based on the submitted form..
- Kickers Plus will notify both the Club Coordinator and the Team Coordinator by email when the order is ready for pickup.
- The teams will pay and pick up their orders at Kickers Plus.
- It is important that Team Name and all Contact information on the form is filled out properly to make sure that packages are delivered correctly. All orders should be verified at pickup time as well.
If you have additional needs that occur either before or after the bulk ordering period, such as needing a uniform for a new player or for replacing damaged items, these requests can be made by contacting Kickers Plus directly. The contact is as follows:
Supplier: Kickers Plus
519 B Marine View Ave
Belmont, CA 94002
For any questions, please contact the BSC Uniform Coordinator.
NOTE: Before ordering uniforms, Team Managers should always request a deposit. If a player drop off of a team after a uniform has been ordered, it is the responsibility of the team to pay the remaining balance on the uniform.