Spring 2013 Registration
Spring 2013 registration is officially underway for the Burlingame Soccer Club. Manila envelopes with labels are available for submitting Spring packets. Please pick up at 1212 Mills Ave in Burlingame and use for the Spring registration.
Important Information about Leagues
Teams in the Burlingame Soccer Club play in one of two leagues:
- January 31st – Scholarship requests deadline – grants will be given by February 15th
- February 20th – BSC Registration packet due (BSC player fee calculation sheet, parent/player contracts (if applicable), and payment to BSC)
- February 20th - CCSL (GotSoccer/Redwood League) registration deadline
- February 20th - Redwood League packet due (transmittal, 1601′s, adult disclosure confirmations, and payment to Redwood YSL)
- February 27th - NorCal registration deadline
- March 5th – First installment due for Coaching Fee payment due to the Burlingame Soccer Club
- April 5th – Second installment due for Coaching Fee payment due to the Burlingame Soccer Club
- U09-U11 teams need a minimum of 10 players to register – the maximum roster size is 18 players – the maximum match day roster size is 14 players
- U12-U13 teams need a minimum of 13 players to register – the maximum roster size is 18 players – the maximum match day roster size is 18 players
- U14-U19 teams need a minimum of 13 players to register – the maximum roster size is 22 players – the maximum match day roster size is 18 players
The scholarship request period is now closed
Registration for All Teams Playing NorCal Premier
If you are registering your team for NorCal Premier, all paperwork and payments are done through the NorCal Premier Website. US Soccer Passes are requested through the BSC Registrar. Payment is calculated by and submitted with the BSC Player Fee Calculation Sheet.
You will need to submit a printed copy of the BSC Player Fee Calculation Sheet, along with a team check or cashier’s check for the calculated amount. The check must be made out to Burlingame Soccer Club. NO personal checks are accepted. Drop off to the BSC Registrar. You will find a Soccer Box on the front porch at:
1212 Mills Ave
You will receive an email from the BSC Registrar when your US Soccer Passes are ready.
Registration for All Teams Playing CCSL/CYSA
Online registration to play CCSL/CYSA is a two step process. It is first necessary to apply for a playing league, and then it’s necessary to generate a league transmittal form through the registration league.
Step 1 – Apply for a Playing League
In order to apply for a playing league, you must logon to GotSoccer.org. If you do not yet have a GotSoccer account, please create one.
At GotSoccer you will create your roster and set up all your required info for your team. Each team is responsible for paying the CCSL league registration fee through GotSoccer, as indicated in the online instructions. Payment to GotSoccer may be made by check or credit card.
- 8v8 teams pay $100 per team
- 11v11 teams pay $250 per team
NOTE: Two different adult contacts are required for each team. Please make sure your current coach, assistant coach if applicable (there is a box to add asst coach information if you check it) and one manager contact are listed. Make sure you create your complete team roster in GotSoccer or you will not have players listed on your gamecards, etc. Include their CYSA player id#s (ie. QF0519001104) in addition to names, birth date and jersey numbers.
Step 2 – Generate a League Transmittal Form
Once your application has been submitted, you must logon to the Redwood League Website.
- In the left-hand menu bar, select Team Staff -> Registration.
- Follow instructions to add new Players and new Parents to the database. This is for players and parents who are new to CYSA, not simply new to your team.
- Select the option for editing your roster. New players to your team will be selected from the drop-down list of unaffiliated players. If the player name does not appear in the drop-down, either the player record has not been defined, or this player was previously with another team that has not yet released them. It will be necessary for the manager of the previous team to release them before you can add them.
- To delete players from your roster, select the big red “X” on the right side of the table and then confirm.
- In the left-hand menu bar, select Team Staff -> Registration -> Transmittal to generate a league transmittal form. The transmittal form will show your league registration fees, along with the complete team roster, which includes coaches, managers and players. The Redwood League fee will be $20, with an additional $10 fee for each new player and a $6 fee for each new adult. Please make sure all information on the transmittal form is correct.
- Print the transmittal.
- Logoff from this site.
NOTE: Each player record on this roster will have pre-filled 1601 Membership Forms accessible through this site.
Register Team Officials and Adults
Register any new adult who will be on the roster and hold a pass (coaches, assistant coaches, managers). Complete the Adult Online Disclosure Form and print the confirmation page.
NOTE: Completion of the Adult Online Disclosure Form is now required each year. If you have new adult Staff joining your team this Spring, you must complete this process.
Calculate BSC Registration Fees
Fill out and print the BSC Player Fee Calculation Sheet to calculate BSC registration fees.
NOTE: Any player who goes to school in Burlingame is considered to be a resident for the purpose of fee calculations.
COLLECT the following from each new player on your team (ONLY new players):
- Proof of date of birth (DOB). This can be a copy of a player birth certificate or passport. Returning players do not need to submit.
- 2 signed copies of the 1601 Membership Form. You can provide a pre-filled 1601 form (linked to the team roster) for each player from the Redwood League Website, or you can have your parents fill out and sign 2 blank copies. (Submit 1 copy to the BSC Registrar, keep 1 copy for your records.)
- Picture (head shot) for the player pass. This must be 1″ x 1 1/2″ photo. You can collect hard copies or jpeg files.
- 1 copy of the BSC Parent Contract . (This will be returned to you).
- 1 copy of the BSC Player Contract for all players age18 or older. (This will be returned to you.)
- 1 signed copy of the Player Pass Medical Release Form that will need to be affixed to the back of the player pass before the player pass is laminated. (Do not submit to the BSC Registrar.)
SUBMIT the following information in your Registration Packet:
- 1 printed copy of the league transmittal form from the Redwood League Website.
- 1 copy of the 1601 Membership Form for each new player, if applicable. Keep the other copy for your records.
- 1 copy of the Adult Disclosure confirmation page for each new adult on your team.
- A team check or cashier’s check for the amount shown on the league transmittal. The check must be made out to Redwood YSL. NO personal checks are accepted.
- 1 printed copy of the filled out BSC Player Fee Calculation Sheet.
- 1 signed Parent Contract for each new player. This will be returned to you.
- 1 signed Player Contract for each player 18 or older, if applicable. This will be returned to you.
- A team check or cashier’s check for the amount shown on the BSC Player Fee Calculation Sheet. The check must be made out to Burlingame Soccer Club. No personal checks are accepted.
Submit Your Registration Packet
All the above materials should go in the manila envelope provided by the BSC Registrar and should be dropped off on her front porch, where you will find a Soccer Box.
1212 Mills Ave
You will receive an email from the BSC Registrar when your registration is complete and your paperwork is ready for pick-up. Your return packet will include:
- A Spring roster (blue – this is different for the Fall goldenrod)
- A player pass for each new player
Preparing Your Player Passes
Finally, you will need to laminate your new player passes. Before laminating, affix the player photo to the front of the pass and the small medical release form to the back. Leave room for a hole punch in the corner of the laminated player pass, and put the passes on a sturdy metal ring.
Mid-Season Roster Modifications
- U08-U13 teams are allowed to transfer 3 players onto their roster per year (Sept 1 to Aug. 31).
- U14-U19 teams are allowed to transfer 3 players onto their roster per year (Sept 1 to Aug. 31), with the exception being that they can add a 4th & 5th transfer for State Cup only play. This requires the 1606 Team Roster Change Form. There are no fees for transfers within District 2. If a transfer involves another district and league, additional fees to those organizations may be required.
- As per the instructions on the 1606 Team Roster Change Form, transfers require 2 signatures, those of a releasing team official and the player or the player’s parent (if under 18). The player pass from the releasing team is also required.
New Player Adds
When adding a player mid-season, mush of the process is the same as normal registration, without some of the fees. Follow the steps found in “Registration for All Teams Playing CYSA”.
NOTE: Ignore the League registration fees found on the league transmittal form – you have already paid them. The only Redwood League fees you might incur will be due to new players to CYSA.
Spring Season Player Transfers
If your team is playing in any CYSA-sanctioned tournaments, including any of the CYSA State Cups, and you are adding new players, it is necessary to fill out a 1606 Team Roster Change Form for each player, in order for them to be eligible to play. Make sure this is done before the roster freeze date imposed by your tournament.
The Burlingame Soccer Club provides TeamSnap accounts for all registered teams. If your team does not have a TeamSnap account, or if you have an account that you did not apply for through the Burlingame Soccer Club, please contact Dave Wisnom.
BSC Registrar Drop Box
Any materials that need to be delivered to the BSC Registrar should be delivered to:
1212 Mills Ave
Please contact the BSC Registrar with any questions.
BSC Registration Forms
- BSC Player Fee Calculation Sheet (Excel file)
- BSC Parent Contract (PDF)
- BSC Player Contract (PDF)
- BSC Registration Envelope Label (Word File)
- BSC Scholarship Request Form (PDF)
- CYSA 1601 Player Membership Form (PDF)
- CYSA 1606 Team Roster Change Form (PDF)
- CYSA 1611 Guest Player Form (PDF)
- CYSA Medical Release Form for Player Passes (PDF)