Spring and Fall Burlingame Rec+ Soccer
Online registration for the Spring 2014 Burlingame Rec+ Soccer Program is now open. Register now!
Program Highlights and Details
- Multi-Season – Now all players can play Spring and the Fall. Whether you play on a BSC team, an AYSO team or just want to play soccer with your friends, the Rec+ Program provides you with the opportunity to play Soccer Spring and Fall each year.
- Professional Coaching – At such an important developmental age, players will be taught the right skills the right way. The skills that the players will learn in the Rec+ Program will last a lifetime.
- The Burlingame Soccer Club Staff – The coaches working with the Rec+ Program are the same coaches that work with some of the highest level teams in the area. Senior Club coaches were involved in the design of the program and will be involved in its execution.
- Skills-based Practices – This program is designed to develop individual ball skills and mastery. The Rec+ Program is not designed to focus on throw-ins, corners, or kick-offs.
- Physiological and Coordinative Development – In addition to ball mastery the BSC coaching curriculum will also focus on the biomechanics and coordinative abilities required to be a soccer player.
- Small-sided Games – All games will be small sided. Our 4 v 4 or 5 v 5 games offer significantly more touches on the ball, individual challenges, and goal scoring opportunities to ALL players.
- No Travel – All practices and games are held in Burlingame.
All practices and games will take place on Burlingame fields. The 3 main fields that Burlingame Soccer Club use include Bayside Park, Murray Field and Franklin School. The exact practice and game schedule will be communicated closer to the program start date.
Two Rec+ Age Divisions
- Players 8 & 9 Years of Age
- Players 10, 11 & 12 Years of Age
Spring Rec+ Program
Dates: Program Begins March 17th 2014
Program Cost: $229 for 10 week season of 1 practice (1.5 hours) and 1 game (1 hour).
Fall Rec+ Program
The Fall Rec+ Program consists of a single 90 minute weekend practice weekly for 10 weeks. Designed to compliment another soccer program (AYSO or BSC) this Sunday based skills program consists of 45 minutes of coordinative and technical station style training followed by 45 minutes of small-sided games. This supplemental program will improve the ball mastery and the coordinative abilities of each individual and will also focus on the Individual tactical element of the game (decision making). When is the right time to use dribbling move? When to pass and when to shoot? How to create space for yourself in order to receive the ball? The Fall curriculum will help players implement the skills they have been developing in the game environment.
Dates: Program Begins September 8th 2014
NOTE: Remember to bring shin guards, soccer cleats and water. A training T-shirt will be provided at the first session and is required to be worn at all sessions.
If you have any questions, please contact the Burlingame Soccer Club Director of Programs.