Burlingame Soccer Club Financial Aid Information
- The Burlingame Soccer Club (BSC) maintains a Financial Aid Fund to support players who may need financial assistance due to low income or financial hardship. The Financial Aid Fund is funded by donations made by the BSC community, BSC Fundraisers, and may also be supplemented on a limited basis through the BSC budget, as necessary.
- The Financial Aid Committee will administer the financial aid awards under the direction of the Club Treasurer. Award amounts are based on documented financial needs of the applying family, and are relative to the overall pool of applicants and are directly dependent on the amount of funds available each season and the number of applicants who apply for that season.
- Eligibility for financial aid awards will be granted based on criteria set by the Financial Aid Committee, under the direction of the BSC Treasurer, and approved by the BSC Board of Directors. Generally speaking, families with annual income of three times the average for our area are excluded from receiving financial aid. Currently, the Club considers San Mateo County as the “area” for most of our membership. Any family earning over the criteria is excluded from receiving financial assistance unless there are severe extenuating circumstances (ie: health, family emergencies, etc.) that might override this guiding principal.
- Any awards granted are intended to cover only a portion of fees due. Financial assistance will generally not cover more than half of the total fees expected to be due in a given season, and will only cover half in the most needy situations, unless severe extenuating circumstances apply. For instance, if the total fees are projected to be in-the-range of $1,000 for a given season for most teams, the maximum financial aid award will be half that amount, or approximately $500. The family is expected to pay all remaining fees due to their team as outlined in the BSC Parent Contract. Players with outstanding balances from previous seasons are not eligible for Financial Aids.
- Financial Aid is granted seasonally. There are two seasons per year (Spring and Fall). A new application must be submitted each season. It is not assumed that a player qualifying in one season qualifies for each subsequent request. To be eligible for Financial Aid, all applicants and their parents/guardians agree to participate in team practices, games, and all other team activities. Parents/guardians should be available to assist with volunteer duties as necessary.
- Financial aid application forms are available here and upon request from the Financial Aid Committee at email@example.com.
- In order to be considered for Financial Aid, an application must be submitted and all supporting documentation provided. Each player is required to submit the following:
a) Completed Financial Aid application form;
b) Most recent completed Federal Form 1040 Tax Return (pages 1 and 2) and Schedule C (if applicable) for both parents/guardians;
c) Recent (last 2) copies of paystubs for all working adults in the household;
d) Any other documentation that might help the Financial Aid Committee understand your need.
Completed applications and all supporting documentation should be mailed to:
BSC Financial Aid Committee
PO BOX 117822
Burlingame, CA 94011-7822
- Applications received after the due date will not be guaranteed consideration. Late applications will only be evaluated and awards granted only if funds are available.
- All applicants will receive a response to their application via email from the Financial Aid Committee. The email will also be supplied to the team manager and team treasurer outlining the award.
- All data submitted is confidential and is only available to the Financial Aid Committee, BSC Treasurer and, if needed, BSC Board of Directors and used solely to determine eligibility for financial aid.
- The Board of Directors reserves the right to cancel Financial Aid arrangements at any time through written notification.